OUR GREEN POLICY
Here at the Fox we are committed to delivering products and services to protect the environment, and here is an example of some of the areas which we have implemented:
- Local and Sustainable Food
- We source seasonal, local and/or organic produce.
- Water Conservation
- We use water efficient appliances, collect rainwater, utilise grey water.
- Sustainable Materials
- We use renewable and/or recycled materials, use and sell locally made or UK made products.
- Sustainable Transport
- We strive to substitute car travel with public or even no transport and have video conferencing facilities.
- Carbon Reduction
- We strive to be energy efficient; we buy energy through a 'green' tariff, use energy efficient light bulbs, our premises are well insulated premises, and turn heating thermostats down by 1°C
- Culture & Heritage
- The Fox is a 300 year old inn which we have preserving to revive and promote local traditions.
- Diversity and Fair Trade
- We pay a fair wage, offer equal opportunity to all, and support fair trade here at The Fox.
- Ethical Finance
- We bank with an ethical bank, and donate to charities and support many local fund raising activities.
- Waste Reduction
- We recycle paper, cans and glass, ink cartridges, compost waste; re-use as much as we can like plastic bags, cardboard boxes, packaging, fabrics; reduce junk mail, print double sided, avoid disposable items; buy recycled office materials.